Deputy Sheriff (Jewell County, KS)
Position Sumarry: Applicant should be capable of working independently and have strong decision making skills. This position requires working various shifts, holidays and weekends.
Benefits: Include KPERS, 9 paid holidays a year, family health insurance, overtime pay and a take home patrol car. Uniforms and gear will also be provided.
- United States citizen
- No felony convictions of any kind
- Applicant must be able to pass a background check. No conviction of certain misdemeanors, including domestic violence
- Be a high school graduate, or the equivalent
- Be of good moral character
- Pass psychological testing
- Be free of any physical or mental condition which adversely affects the ability to perform the essential functions of a law enforcement officer
- At least 21 years of age
- A full time law enforcement certification is preferred but not required
- Applicant must live in Jewell County or become a resident within 60 days
Jewell County Sheriff’s Office
307 N. Commercial St.
Mankato, KS 66956
Jewell County is an Equal Opportunity Employer