Deputy Sheriff - School Resource Officer (Osage County, KS)
The Osage County Sheriff's Office is currently seeking Kansas certified law enforcement applicants for a School Resource Officer (SRO) deputy sheriff position. The applicants must be prepared to work in a proactive law enforcement agency in busy rural setting. Osage County is located south of Topeka and southwest of Kansas City with two Federal Lakes and one State Lake.
TYPE: Full Time
The following is required:
- A high school diploma or Equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Pass the background investigation, and psychological exam.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be of good moral character, no felonies, no domestic battery conviction or diversions, or certain misdemeanors.
This job will require shift work, weekends, and holidays.
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION:
Applications are available at www.osageco.org or at the Osage County Sheriff's Office at 131 W. 14th, Lyndon, KS 66451. For more information call 785-828-4657.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
The Osage County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.