Deputy Sheriff (Mitchell County, KS)
POSITION: Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office is seeking a Deputy Sheriff.
DUTIES: Performing routine patrol, criminal investigations, accident investigations, arrest and traffic related duties.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED).
- Must be able to pass a background investigation, psychological exam and drug screening.
- Must be open to scheduling flexibility (ability to work varying 12 hour shifts, to include every other weekend and some holidays).
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Applicants must be of good moral character with no felony, or domestic battery convictions.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Kansas Law Enforcement Certification within one year of employment.
SALARY: Starting pay is $16.00 per hour. Hourly pay could be higher depending on applicant’s qualifications and certifications. Full paid Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance. KPERS retirement program. All equipment will be supplied along with a take home vehicle.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications may be obtained at the Mitchell County Law Enforcement Center 1716 N. Hersey Ave. Beloit, KS 67420; by calling 785-738-3523; or online at www.mitchellcountyjail.org.
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.