Emergency Communications Dispatcher (911) -(Edwards County)
The Edwards County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for a full-time Emergency Communications Dispatcher (911). Prior experience is preferred, but not required.
Salary: Current starting wage is $10.76 per hour.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicant must have high school diploma or equivalent / GED.
- Applicant must successfully pass a criminal background check with no felony or major misdemeanor convictions.
- Applicant must be willing to work varying shift work /weekends / holidays.
- Applicant must have or be able to complete NCIC certification training within one (1) year of employment.
- Applicant must be able to communicate proficiently.
- Applicant should have a good working knowledge of computers, technology, and maps.
- Applicant should possess quick problem solving and decision making skills as well as be able to multi-task.
- Paid vacation /sick time.
- Overtime is paid at the rate of time and a half beyond 40 hours per week.
- Family medical insurance package is fully paid for by the county, which includes dental, vision, & prescription plan.
- Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS) pension benefits.
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To Apply: Applications can be obtained by calling the Edwards County Sheriff’s Office, 620-659-3636; or in person at 312 Massachusetts Avenue, Kinsley, Kansas.
Edwards County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.