Bailiff (Linn County Sheriff, KS)
Linn County Sheriff's Office Deputy Sheriff - Bailiff
Pay Range $17.63 to $20.51
Under the supervision of the Undersheriff, the Bailiff is a non-exempt position under the FLSA. The bailiff performs daily assignments within the Courthouse as well as other buildings in the judicial complex and Sheriff's Office. This position will monitor the ingress and egress of citizens visiting the judicial building as well as employees. This position will be responsible for escorting detainees to and from courtrooms and monitoring activity of detainee while court is in session. This position is responsible for the safety and security of the Judicial Complex. This positions workplace is primarily at the District Court Building located in Mound City, Kansas.
- Escorts detainees to and from courtrooms;
- Maintains court docket schedule set by Judges calendar;
- Maintains Juror/Witness security;
- Maintains order in the courtroom;
- Enforces all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances;
- Arrests individuals who violate laws and ordinances;
- Serves civil court process and warrants;
- Monitors ingress and egress of citizens and employees;
- Notifies jail of changes of Court hearings pertaining to in-custody defendants;
- Obeys all lawful orders of the Court;
- Opens and closes building and courtrooms, inspects courtrooms for security issues;
- Completes information for dockets and other hearings;
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or as required.
- Performs first aid and assists fire and ambulance personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Valid Kansas driver's license.
Certification through the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center as a full time Law Enforcement Officer.
Applications are available at the Linn County Clerk's office, online at www.linncountyks.com, or call 913-795-2668 to have one sent to you.
Position Open Until Filled.