Deputy Jailer (Miami County Sheriff, KS)
Position: Full Time Deputy Jailer
"Serving and Protecting the Citizens of Miami County"
Date Open - March 2, 2020
Date Closed - April 30, 2020
Apply at www.miamicountyks.org
We invite you to enter a Career Opportunity at Miami County Kansas
Located south of Johnson County in a beautiful country setting.
Comradery, protecting and helping people, future in law enforcement and using your communication skills. If this is what motivates you, let's talk!
We are interested in professional, highly motivated, great communicators that want to serve the citizens of Miami County.
$15.38 per hour minimum and more depending on qualifications, great benefit package including KPERS retirement, uniform cleaning allowance, employee only $0 premium health insurance, additional family coverage available, career advancement, extensive paid training plus much more.
- Maintain safety and security of facilities, inmates and the public, remain on-call for emergency situations, matron duties or courtroom security.
- Adopt and enforce booking, detention and transfer procedures including: disseminating information, commissary practices and records, tracking inmate information and requests, visitations and meals.
- Work as a receiving, booking, classification, and escort jail deputy.
- Prepare reports and data entry of inmate activity, visitors, showers, exercise, medications and incidents.
- Other related duty including document visitations, maintain commissary, order and dispense medications.
- Notify courts of arraignments and perform court escort.
- Prepare and distribute meals and condiments.
- Data entry of inmate booking information, take pictures and fingerprints, complete inmate questionnaire, explain jail rules, issue bedding, clothes and hygiene kit.
- Calculate statistics on booked inmates, balance, deposit, audit and track commissary funds and medical co-pay accounts, disseminate cash/surety bond information.
- Other related duties including public assistance both by telephone and at county and maintain jail supplies.
- Maintain constant security within the walls of the booking room and jail and travel to court hearings.
Backgrounds checks including drug screen, physical and psych tests conducted.
Performs sedentary work, sitting at a desk for prolonged periods. May stand for extended period during presentations. Lifts 50 pounds maximum and occasionally handles office equipment and materials. Stoops and bends when using files. Good physical health required.
Visual, Hearing and Dexterity Demands:
Requires concentrated visual attention which must be maintained for sustained periods. Good vision and hearing acuity is required. Good eye and hand coordination is required. Must possess good dexterity to operate appropriate equipment.
Works in clean, well lighted, heated and ventilated area.
Miami County is an equal opportunity provider and employer