Deputy Sheriff (Wallace County Sheriff, KS)
Wallace County Sheriff's Office is seeking an individual for one full-time position as Sheriff Deputy. This position is responsible for performing uniformed patrol duties, and enforcing all federal, state and local laws and county resolutions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Kansas driver's license with no serious violations
- KLETC certification preferred but not required, however applicant will be required to attend and graduate from KLETC this training is approximately 16 weeks. Training can start within 3 to 6 weeks from employment date and is in Hutchinson, Kansas
- Must pass background check
- Must pass medical and psychological exams and drug screening
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment and be a U.S. citizen.
- Must reside within Wallace County
Those with Brady/Giglio history need not apply. This position includes health insurance, KPERS retirement, uniforms and take home vehicle. Starting pay is $18.00 per hour with experience or on completion of KLETC training.
Applications can be picked up at the Wallace County Sheriff's Office located at 313 N Main Street, Sharon Springs, Kansas, or may call 785-852-4288 direct questions to Undersheriff Marshall Ray Unruh. This position will stay open until filled.