Deputy Sheriff (Ness County Sheriff, KS)
The Ness County Sheriffs Office is seeking professional and community oriented individuals for a Deputy Sheriff position.
Ness County is situated at the crossroads of K96 and U283 Highways. Ness County has a populations of approximately 2,800 and encompasses 1,075 square miles. As a rural area, it is our duty to serve as the counties only law enforcement. We are a community that is dedicated to family, friends and neighbors, where generations care for each other. We are building a self reliant future. We are home.
This position provides a vital service to our community by working closely with various emergency services and through coordination of emergency efforts in a multitude of situations. The employee will be provided on-the-job training with opportunities for certification and continuing education. Full time law enforcement certification is preferred.
Preemployment drug screening and job placement assessments are required.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Ness County offers a very progressive benefit package. Benefits include:
- Vacation and sick leave
- Family health insurance
- Family dental and vision plans
- KPERS retirement program
- Several other optional benefit programs
- Rate of Pay is dependant on qualifications.
Requirements for the position are:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Kansas Driver's License
- Must have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
- Must have no Brady Giglio concerns
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Successful applicants will be required to reside within Ness County.
Applications can be obtained at the Ness County Sheriffs Office.
221 W Main St
Ness City, Kansas
Or requested by email. firstname.lastname@example.org EEO/ADA.