Deputy Sheriff/K9 Handler (Gove County Sheriff, KS)
Gove County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for a full time Deputy Sheriff with the option of becoming a K9 handler.
Gove County is located in Northwest Kansas on I-70 between mile markers 76 and 113 and K-23 between mile markers 132 and 164. Gove County has a population of approximately 2700.
Benefits include paid family medical, dental, eye, and an HSA flex account. Paid Holidays vacation and personal leave. A take home vehicle, uniforms, gear, and up to date equipment to do your job properly.
Salary: Uncertified Officer will start at $37,000 before academy. Certified Officer $40,000.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Kansas Drivers license or the ability to get a Kansas D.L.
- Must be US CITIZEN and 21years of age
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass medical and psychological exams and drug screening
- Applicant must have no Brady/Giglio history
Full Time certification from Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center is preferred but not required.
Applications may be picked up at The Gove County Sheriff's Office
420 Broad St. Gove Kansas 67736, or requested by phone 785-938-2250.