Deputy Sheriff (Meade County Sheriff, KS)
Meade County Sheriff's Office is seeking an individual for a full-time Deputy Sheriff position. This position is responsible for performing uniformed patrol duties and enforcing all federal, state and local laws and county resolutions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Kansas driver's license with no serious traffic violations
- KLETC certification preferred but not required
- Must pass security background check
- Medical and psychological exams and drug screening.
- Residence in Meade County Required
- Applicants will have to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen.
- May not have any felony convictions, or certain disqualifying misdemeanors, for example but not limited to; domestic battery, theft, etc.
- Must be of good moral character.
Applications may be picked up at the Meade County Sheriff's Office located at 223 N. Meade Center, Meade, KS in person or request one by mail by calling 620-873-8765.
Applications can be mailed to Meade County Sheriff, PO Box 487, Meade, KS, 67864.
Applications for this position are accepted until position is filled.