Deputy Sheriff (Crawford County Sheriff's Office, KS)
CRAWFORD COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
The Crawford County Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for the position of deputy sheriff. This position requires graduation from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center, or from a reciprocating law enforcement training center. Full-time position on either evenings or midnights, 8-hour shift, 6 on/3 off work schedule. Benefits including, but not limited to: Health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance; KPERS retirement; paid sick leave, vacation and holidays; compensated training time. Deputies are issued: Uniforms, duty gear, boots, weapons, body cameras, take-home vehicle and any other equipment required to perform the job. Starting salary is $3,299.30/month. Overtime opportunities available as well.
General Employment Requirements
• Must have a current Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
• Must have a level of education equivalent to four years of high school.
• Must successfully pass background investigation, psychological exam, physical exam and drug testing.
• Applicant must be 21 years of age by hiring date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enforce Federal and State laws including motor vehicle laws and county resolutions
• Perform police patrol tours of duty, protecting persons and property and preventing crime
• Investigate all complaints assigned to her/him.
• Investigate accidents, including, diagramming the scene, taking photographs, collecting and preserving evidence, providing emergency first aid whenever necessary.
• Keep records and writes complete, accurate and concise reports.
• Serve civil process as directed.
• Serves as Court Security Officer
• Serves as School Resource Officer
• Direct traffic and perform law enforcement duties at special events.
Qualified applicants should contact Undersheriff Scott Tyrell at 620-724-8274 Ext. 129.
The Crawford County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.