Deputy Sheriff (Jewell County Sheriff's Office)
The Jewell County Sheriff's Office is looking for motivated individuals to fill full time Deputy Sheriff position. Jewell County is located in North Central Kansas and is mostly a rural community. The population is around 2800.
The Jewell County Sheriff's Office has 4 sworn Deputy Sheriffs who are overseen by the Sheriff and Undersheriff. The chosen candidate will be an energized, self-starter, team-motivated, and approachable individual who demonstrates a high level of integrity, and can work effectively with others to continuously improve police operations and public relations in the community. The person will provide public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting great community relations.
• KPERS retirement
• Family Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Will provide take-home vehicle, uniform, and equipment
• Vacation and sick time
• 10 paid holidays
• Candidates shall not have any Felony, Domestic Violence, or serious misdemeanor convictions, and/or other criminal or civil legal action pending.
• Be of good moral character
• No Brady/Giglio issues
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Possess at least a high school diploma or GED
• Possess a valid driver's license
• Preferred resident of Jewell County within 90 days of hire
• Starting salary depends on the applicant's experience
• ALL APPLICANTS MUST PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK AND INTERVIEWS
All interested persons can send their request by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Jewell County Sheriff's Office at 785-378-3194 or stop in at 307 N. Commercial, Mankato.