Court Security Officers (Paragon Systems)
United States Marshal's Service
Department of Justice Special Deputation Program
KANSAS-TOPEKA & WICHITA
Paragon Systems employs over 7,000 specialists at more than 600 federal facilities throughout United States. Our security professionals provide contracted professional uniform security services to agencies of the Federal Government. Paragon Systems is currently recruiting Court Security Officers applicants for the U.S. Marshals Service contracts in Topeka & Wichita.
Position Summary: The Court Security Officers (CSOs) protect the federal court houses. We are interested in retiring or recently retired LEOs. The positon is not considered a career move in law enforcement. Optimal candidates are 1-2 years from retirement and in good standing with their agency. The hiring process is lengthy, similar to LEO positions. There is a medical test but no physical testing. Most CSO start part-time and move to full-time as positions open. The workweek is Monday-Friday, 8-5 with all Federal holidays off. Part timers work a week on and a week off. The CSOs get paid well and have a 401K. There are no medical benefits.
Qualified applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possess at minimum a GED/High School Diploma.
- Have at least (3) calendar years of verifiable experience as a certified law enforcement officer or its military equivalency; all (3) years must have occurred within the last (5) years. The experience must have included arrest authority. Military site security and corrections time will not be accepted.
- Have completed a certified Federal, state, county, local or military law enforcement training academy and able to provide certification.
- Ability to use computers and use Microsoft office (Word, Outlook), monitor security cameras and complete online reports.
- Must be a US Citizen with valid Social Security Card; birth certificate; 21 years of age.
- Due to the nature of the position, the CSO must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
Apply at: www.careers.parasys.com/home. then go to, location (KS), business unit (Paragon). If the application is completed correctly, you will receive an email confirmation.
Additional Contact Information: Kansas District Supervisor, Alex Petigna, firstname.lastname@example.org