Correctional Officers (Osage County Sheriff's Office)
The Osage County Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for full-time Correctional Officers. This is specialized position in the care, custody and control of inmates in the custody of the Osage County Jail Facility. Correctional Officers are responsible for protecting the well-being of inmates, transporting inmates to and from court, other facilities, and appointments, booking and intake procedures of inmates, and the overall supervision of inmates within and outside the facility. No experience needed; will train the right candidates
Hours: Correctional Officers work 12-Hour Shifts (3-day weekend every other weekend).
Offered Benefits: Osage County participates in the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS), provides 100% of employee (single coverage) medical insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
How to Apply: Contact the Osage County Sheriff's Office Administrative Office at (785) 828-4657 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
Pay Rate: Starting pay $15.88 per hour
Position Close Date: Open Until Filled. Position may close to applicants without notice.
Minimum Position requirements:
• Highly motivated
• Valid driver's license
• Minimum age to apply - 18 years old
• High School Diploma or GED required
• No serious misdemeanors or felonies
• Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to perform at an acceptable level within six months of being awarded the position.
• The employee may be exposed to dangerous situations
• Osage County Sheriff's Office conducts background checks on all potential candidates
• The State of Kansas and Osage County are At-Will Employment jurisdictions
• Osage County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer