Deputy Sheriff (Kingman County Sheriff's Office)
Deputy Sheriff, Kingman County Sheriff's Office
The Kingman County Sheriff's Office is looking for a motivated individual to fill full time Deputy Sheriff position. Kingman County is located in South Central Kansas west of Wichita and is mostly a rural community. The population is approximately 7400.
The Kingman County Sheriff's Office has 6 sworn Deputy Sheriffs who are overseen by the Sheriff and Undersheriff. The chosen candidate will be an energized, self-starter, team motivated, and approachable individual who demonstrates a high level of integrity, and can work effectively with others to continuously improve operations and public relations within the community. The person will provide public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting great community relations.
- $20.10 with academy
- Without academy will be determined by one's background
- $1,500.00 Retention Bonus
- KPERS retirement
- Family Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Take home vehicle, uniform, and equipment
- Vacation and sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Candidates shall not have any Felony, Domestic Violence, or serious misdemeanor convictions, and/or other criminal or civil legal action pending.
- Be of good moral character
- No Brady/Giglio issues
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess at least a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Must be a resident of Kingman County within 90 days of hire
- Must pass a background check and Interviews
For application, contact 620-532-5133 or stop by 120 N Spruce Kingman, Ks, or contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Closing Date, Open until filled