Deputy Sheriff (Lincoln County Sheriff's Office)
Lincoln County Kansas Sheriff's Department is accepting applications for a Full-Time Deputy Sheriff. This employee provides citizen assistance, enforces all federal, state and local laws, and performs patrol duties in all areas of Lincoln County Kansas. This employee should possess excellent organizational, communication, and public relation skills. This position has limited access to protected health information.
A high school diploma or GED is required. This position requires graduation from Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center; 40 hours of continuing education annually, and possession of a valid Kansas Driver's License. One to three years of similar experience is preferred. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary skills to perform the job reasonably well within six months of employment.
Position Salary Starting Range: $15.14 - $16.82 starting but BOE (Full pay grade range: $15.14 - $22.71)
Benefits: 90% paid by the County - Medical/Prescription & Dental insurance for all plans (single, employee/spouse, employee/children, or family plan)
- Vision plans offered - 3 options- employee paid
- HSA contributions by the County for employees who choose the high deductible plan
- 11 paid Holidays
- 12 hours PTO and 4 hours extended illness leave accrued per month
- Funeral Leave
- Short -term disability coverage paid by County
- MASA (medical transportation solutions) Air/ground medical transportation coverage for all individuals living in the employee's household
- KPERS retirement
- Jury Duty Pay
- Funeral Leave Pay
- Shared Leave bank
- Deferred Compensation
- Supplemental policies available for all benefit eligible employees through various companies
- Longevity pay starting after 5 years of continued employment
- Annual Boot and Uniform Allowance
Application and a job description are available at www.lincolncoks.com under the County Info Tab
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Questions? Contact 785-524-5232 or email email@example.com.