Deputy Sheriff (Bourbon County Sheriff's Office)
The Bourbon County Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff. This position requires graduation from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center, or from a reciprocating law enforcement training center. Benefits including, but not limited to: Health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance; KPERS retirement; paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays; compensated training time. Deputies are issued: Uniforms, duty gear, weapons, body cameras, take-home vehicle and any other equipment required to perform the job. Overtime opportunities available as well.
General Employment Requirements:
- Must have a current Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must have a level of education equivalent to four years of high school.
- Must successfully pass background investigation, and psychological exam.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age by hiring date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Enforce Federal and State laws including motor vehicle laws and county resolutions.
- Perform police patrol tours of duty, protecting persons and property and preventing crime.
- Investigate all complaints assigned to her/him.
- Investigate accidents, including, diagramming the scene, taking photographs, collecting and preserving evidence, providing emergency first aid whenever necessary.
- Keep records and writes complete, accurate and concise reports.
- Direct traffic and perform law enforcement duties at special events.
Qualified applicants should download our application by visiting our website at: www.bourboncountysheriffks.org/employment or picking up an application at our facility located at 293 E 20th Street, Fort Scott, KS.
The Bourbon County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.