Deputy Sheriff (Greeley County Sheriff's Office)
The Greeley County Sheriff's Office is looking for a motivated individual to fill the full time Deputy Sheriff position. Greeley County is in Western Kansas on the border of Colorado and is mostly a rural community.
- Competitive Wages
- KPERS retirement
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Take home vehicle
- Vacation and sick time
- Paid Time Off
General Employment Requirements:
- Must have a current Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must have a level of education equivalent to four years of high school.
- Must successfully pass background investigation, and psychological exam.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age by hiring date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Enforce Federal and State laws including motor vehicle laws and county resolutions.
- Perform police patrol tours of duty, protecting persons and property and preventing crime.
- Investigate all complaints assigned to her/him.
- Investigate accidents, including diagramming the scene, taking photographs, collecting and preserving evidence, providing emergency first aid whenever necessary.
- Keep records and write complete, accurate and concise reports.
- Direct traffic and perform law enforcement duties at special events.
This position involves enforcing laws, prosecuting violators, and assisting victims of crime. The successful candidate will be well versed in various law enforcement procedures and able to work independently with minimal supervision. To request an application form please contact the Greeley County Sheriff's Office at 620-376-4233.