Deputy Sheriff (Rooks County Sheriff's Office)
The Rooks County Sheriff's Office is currently taking applications for a full-time Deputy Sheriff. Rooks County is in northwest Kansas. The Sheriff's Office is the primary law enforcement agency for the County as well as the City of Stockton. The Sheriff's Office employs 7 full-time deputies, 2 part-time deputies, a lieutenant, Undersheriff, and a Sheriff. The Sheriff's Office is responsible for the County Jail, which was built in 2016. The Sheriff's Office provides 24/7 911 dispatch for the entire county. The Rooks County Sheriff's Office is a progressive, proactive Office that has two drones and a dual-purpose K-9.
What is offered:
- Starting wage is $19.00 per hour, Certified LEO is negotiable.
- Fully paid Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance, for individual or an entire family.
- The county has set longevity raises and usually provides a cost of living increase each year.
- Provides all uniforms and equipment, including outer-vest body armor.
- Provides take home patrol vehicles.
- Provides a department cell phone.
- Pay an additional $1.00 per hour shift differential for those working after 7:00 p.m. till 7:00 a.m.
- We work 12 hour shifts so that every other week the deputy is off Friday through Sunday.
Requirements for the position are: Must be 21 years of age, have a valid Kansas Driver's License, have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions, and must possess a High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
Rooks County is an EOE employer.